Saturday, July 11, 2015

What happened!

#84

#85

#86
 4 days after my previous entry, on the 12th of June, I had an unfortunately encounter with a cement floor.

The next morning, I was in surgery and when I came out, I had a new hip.

It's been like a strange dream, I can't believe it happened to MOI!!



While in hospital PT and OT, my hunny brought me some supplies and I made several collages.

That made me feel more myself.

I had a bunch of bits cut out and hunny brought those to me so I had good material to work with.
#87

#88






I'm happy I had lips and hands and eyes, amonth other things, and black paper. How convenient!

All of these are little narratives. All they need are titles, and maybe stories.

#86 reminds me of the book I started by Neal Stephenson, for some reason. It's called Seveneves.















The word is from an envelope that I received. It looked handprinted on it, and I liked it a lot so I saved it.

It was perfect for this collage on the day that the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on the equality of marriage.

1 comment:

Beanie Mouse said...

A NEW HIP?????? Bleedin' 'eck Mim, you don't do things "small" do you???? Hope you're getting better....!!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...