Sunday, April 12, 2015

More Mail Art, and more about other stuff

#59

#60

#61
 This first piece of Mail Art was done for #CreativeSpring day 5,  I think. Take something boring and make it interesting.

My honey said "that'll be easy for you; you do it all the time with your postcards!"
#62



I happen to have acquired a number of these very boring postcards from a friend. They call for alterations, they scream for alterations. So here are two of my newest.

By the way, you can still join up to get daily prompts from CreativeSprint. You'll get them starting with whatever day you join. HERE.










I used part of M's #CreativeSprint in this #61 Mail Art piece and I'm sending it to her. Don't say anything, I want it to be a surprise.










This card is going to some friends that we haven't heard from or seen in a long time. We miss seeing them and the message on the reverse is "How are you?" "Where are you?"

Maybe I'll hear from them.

 So last week, we were taking a walk in the neighborhood and came upon another "shelf!"
This one is about two blocks east of the original shelf.
Original shelf can be read about on this blog if you use the search term "shelf" or "Elflog."

The second shelf appeared on a corner at the end of my block and I know the orgins of it, as opposed to Shelf One whose origins are unknown.

This shelf is mighty nice and has a note to let us know what we're supposed to do.
"Take what you want, Give what you can!"

We had nothing in our pockets. We could leave nothing. So you can be sure that I'll be back over there with something to add.

Hopefully, this shelf will continue, undisturbed.

Carry on, neighborhood, carry on - create shelves!

3 comments:

robayre said...

A SECOND SHELF! Yessss! I would read a whole blog just dedicated to the comings and goings of these boxes :D

Anonymous said...

Some people are so clever. And there are those who are so deserving of a little mystery and such delights.

Unknown said...

I love the idea. In France, we have "Boîte à livres" (Book box) in some strrets-where people can leave a book or more and pick up one...

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...