Friday, July 25, 2014

Mail Art made on vacation!

 We went to Québec City for our vacation. I had hoped to find a Mail Artist there to have a meet-up with, but no such fortune. 

I did however make a lot of Mail Art while away. These pieces are a sample - I used scaps from found paper and added circles that I brought with me in my traveling Mail Art kit.






I altered commercial postcards and I made water color landscapes (not pleine aire, however.)


It was very relaxing to take a few moments each day and make little art pieces.








We were very inspired  by what we saw at museums and all around us, returning home with ideas for new work,
and memories of a terrific time in a new environment.


I had fun putting the bears into the postcard and am happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...