Wednesday, July 17, 2013

An exciting thing for IUOMA

I'm a member of the International Union of Mail Artists (IUOMA) and tonight, we got our 3000th member.

To welcome this member, I altered a previously made card by adding stick-on letters and numbers.

It looks pretty exuberant, right?
 A bunch of us members have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of this member, who did NOT put a postal address on their IUMOA page.

I, however, being sleuthy, found the person on Facebook and gave the good news, while requesting a postal address. I hope the person posts it so that all IUOMA will send them Mail Art.

Wouldn't that be exciting, to receive 2999 pieces of Mail Art?
Or just insane. What do you think?

1 comment:

Ruud Janssen said...

I would go for insane

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...