Monday, May 06, 2013

Monday Mail Art and more, of course.

365.2 #274

365.3 #124


 Here are my Saturday Mail Art cards.

They just tickled me so. I really like how the woman appears to be bathing in the painting by the stream, or lake, in the woods. A perfect fit.























 I baked some tofu for a mid-day snack Sunday. I posted the recipe here.

It was yummy.
365.2 #275

365.2 #276


365.3 #126






Here are my Sunday and Monday Mail Art cards in my Beautifying the landscape series.
The red Rothko painting was positioned just right in the desert landscape. Travelers enjoyed the shade that it provided.

The large shore side painting gave the fisherman something to contemplate while waiting for the fish to bite.


A painted wood panel complemented the snowy landcape. It would be a different story come spring.

365.3 #125
To get the painting to span the lake was an amazing engineering feat. It was worth it. People loved it. Tourists arrived by the boat load and the economy boomed.



We decided to take a walk to Carytown yesterday to buy some greeting cards. Yes, I know, I do make cards all the time but, my Honey had something in mind for a get well card that didn't quite mesh with my cards. It was a lovely day for a walk.We saw how the gardens were changing, so much growing. It's spring time for sure.  One of the neighbors fixed up their tiny front garden with tiny, fun bird houses. 

1 comment:

Margie said...

These are great fun Mim! Guess what I got in the mail today? Thank you my friend. I have a collection going. xx

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...