Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday - Mail Art, Ai Weiwei & Mitts

#49
 There's something about a black ground that makes colors "pop!"

More using up of scraps of color paper that I'd punched circles out of.









#199
The paper I'm using is quite old and if I get any adhesive on it, I'm in trouble. It marks easily, is hard to clean up, so I have to be very careful.

I like the pale color combination on this one.

 And check this out, this image is of one of the pieces of work that Ai Weiwei had in his exhibit. And doesn't it remind me of my Mail Art? You bet it does. His has to do with phases of the moon. It's an amazing piece.









We drove up to Washington, D.C. with friends yesterday, just to see the Ai Weiwei exhibit at the Smithsonian's Hirshhorn Gallery. It was an excellent exhibition, very moving. This image is a sculpture made up of very old wooden stool.

I had my honey take some nice photos of my newest mitts. Some of the photos that I used for my Etsy shop weren't very good so he helped me out with new images. I still have to re-do the older photos, but these new ones do the mitts more justice. M. wore her orange mitts this past weekend and got lots of compliments on them, plus her hands were warm. Yay!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Recebi um desses lindos trabalhos, MIM...Obrigada...Grande abraço!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...