Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mail Art, Books, and the Scam

#100
 Today is the 100th day of my second time around with making daily Mail Art. I can't believe it! What fun.
#98

#99










I'm enjoying the random text postcard series for awhile longer. I don't know what will come next. I really am just letting it flow. Finding bits of cut out images, picking 3 or four, arranging them to my satisfaction, and that's it. So simple.







I have no stories for any of these and yet they seem like narratives, right? This one, the 99th, is one I particularly like. It just came together. I think that the illusion of depth is so terrific, if I say so myself. What do you think? It works, yes?






My friend, Andrea, in the U.K. sent me two
books to pop into the Little Library. Here they are.

 Here are the books in the Little Free Library. I took two books out that I thought I might like to read, one by Anchee Min, and a hardback copy of 3 Hercule Poirot stories in one book, by - Agatha Christie!
 Here are the labels from the little package that I received from China (I assume it came from China.) This is the company (I assume it's a company) that has a very amazingly realistic Shoe store on-line. STYLETIME.
Remember that name - do not order anything from them. They are scammers.  Pass this along to any of your friends who shop for shoes on-line.

In the package is a sponge. I didn't open the package, but the customs declaration says that's what is inside, and it feels like it.
Also, on-line, when I looked up the company
name -
there are complaints about it and some people noted that they received sponges!
OMG I'm laughing at my getting scammed.

I don't like it. I've dealt with this via a claim against them, which will go no where I'm sure, but I want to keep warning people to be wary.
I have pinned this package to my studio cork wall to remind myself. Be Wary!



2 comments:

Beanie Mouse said...

Glad the books got there!!! (eventually...!)

Margie said...

Congrats dear Mim! What an accomplishment or are you a glutton for punishment, LOL! Here's to a fabulous new year of mail art.

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...