Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Home, we're home!

 I've been home since Friday night, and today, I am feeling like I'm home again. The weekend was a blur - time change, feeling tired in the evening, getting adjusted, but I managed to get in some long walks, which was good. The weather here is nice, spring-like, with flowers blooming.

We were greeted by our family, who had a nice dinner waiting for us. So sweet!

Our daughter made a pitcher of these, and while I don't usually drink them, I had one and it was good! Welcome home!

And I got to the post office and bought some new stamps, since the price had changed during my time away.
 Last night, I finished working on a piece of mail art that I made in Paris but never sent. It was all smudgy, so I took at it with some ink and made it look more cartoon-like. I like the action and think it turned out quite energetic.
 I made this one last night to send to my French teacher in Paris. She'd made a wonderful dinner for us our last night there. So lovely. The food was amazing and served in tiny dishes and tiny glasses with tiny spoons, tiny portions - except for the yummy potato dish, which was the main course. We all were given a generous portion. I wish I had some good photos to share but I was too busy oohing and aahing and eating.
This morning, I walked to Spa310 to get my hair cut, and happily reconnected with the folks there, caught up on news, looked at baby photos, read the local free newspaper.  M. walked over and met me. We went into Carytown Teas to get some more of their good tea, and got to chat with Patricia. I'll be able to practice my French with her, so I won't lose it. You can see and hear her on the link.

We spotted this cat sitting on some literature. It's name is Carytown Cat! See how sunny it is today?

2 comments:

Margie said...

MIM!!! Welcome home!! It has to feel good, but what a fab time in Paris. You're already making art. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you rock! Headed to NY on Thursday, back on Monday. xo

Anke Martin said...

HI Mim, glad to read you made okay. Enjoy being home again and I can see you are already busy...enjoy, and congratulations to your husband exhibition!!!
Smiles and hugs, from across the big pond! Next time we have to meet.....I just have to make it possible!

Smiles, Anke :)

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...