Friday, January 06, 2012

Day 3, Friday

 This is a "telephone booth." It has Bonjour on the top, and is internet connected via Orange. I'm not sure how it works. It has an old school hand set (or whatever we call that thingy) and a touch screen. I must lurk around it to see it in action at some point.
It's by Metro St. Paul where rue de Rivoli becomes rue St. Antoine.
 The little carousel has very modern transportation for the children to ride in. A small child, bundled up in orange, was in the purple rocket waiting while it's mother paid the fee. I'll snap a photo of it sometime when it's running. Maybe at night.
 These Christmas trees were lined up in a courtyard with the only lights being tiny blue ones laid out along the bottom part of fake grass. The building is 1700s.
 What a fabulous door knocker. Wonder how it'd work on my door at home!
 I honestly do not remember this fountain being in this location. I don't know why. It's next to the "telephone booth." These are famous fountains. Read all about them here.
 These are the Christmas trees at the place by Metro St. Paul. There are two groupings of them. The pigeons are hanging around and under them. They must be delighted. The pigeons, not the trees!
 My honey picked up this container of olives to have with lunch. I was very amused by the bottom explanation. It's very amusing in a direct English translation, right?
At 2 p.m. the shadows were long and sharp. The sun is out. We took a walk late this morning, but I think I need to go outdoors again and enjoy this weather while it lasts.  It's 4 p.m. as I post this. I'm off on a walk!

2 comments:

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Mim, you are killing me ....

Debbie Clandening said...

Oh Mim I'm glad you are having such a wonderful time lovely pictures I love the door knocker too

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...