Friday, December 23, 2011

Mail Art & moving the mail

 This morning was Spanish meet-up. I decided to make today's mail art using a substrate cut from a box of Spanish cookies. You can just make out some words at the top, which say that the cookies are like the ones mama made, or something to that effect; because of that "La Paz" seemed like the right word and the "fragile" label fit perfectly.
This old engraving of the mail being sorted on a train reminded me of my visit to the National Postal Museum where I was able to get onto a U.S. Mail railway car. It was an updated version of this French rolling post office. How speedy this must have seemed when people first had mail delivered via the railroad.

Happy Holidays to all - whatever you celebrate this time of year, I hope it's festive and happy.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Same to you my friend. Margie

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...