Thursday, November 24, 2011

El dia de accion de gracias, thanksgiving day


 I like the way this day is said in Spanish. It's about the action of giving thanks rather than a title of a day. The day of the action of thanks. I wake up every day, feeling gratitude for my life. I learned this from my mother, who at 97 still says that every day when she awakens.

Today, we are having 4 of our relatives with us, to share a meal. Each bringing something yummy to eat.

These are the "Neat balls" that I made, before they were simmered in a tomato sauce. I'll post the recipe to my recipe blog this weekend.
 My honey set the table. These are the dishes we got when we got married. We still like them and have seen them in two museum collections. Oooh, we are surprised we had such good taste back then.







Here is this year's version of the Sweet Potato Pound cake with a drizzle of lemon icing on it.








This is today's Mail Art (day 359.) I used up the left over paint from my sky changing palette. A mini-action painting!

 I am so thankful for the life I've been fortunate to live and for the people who are in my life, and who I've met along the way, and to departed family and friends, who are still in my heart.

2 comments:

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Mim.

Margie said...

Such a beautiful, yummy post dear MIm. Big hugs to you!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...