Tuesday, May 24, 2011

#174 & 175s

 This #174 card is an altered card, using a painting by Maurice Utrillo. Cracked myself up with the giant bunny overtaking the town. I called it: The giant rabbit takes over Sannois and the residents think "yum, le lapin roti."
 I wanted to use some of the butterflies that I had, so I did this #175 series. This one is entitled "La Doña con su mariposa favorito." It's going to someone who knows Español.
 Here I've altered a postcard again. An artifact from Nepal, a crown. No title for this one.
 And yet another altered crown, but untitled as I couldn't think what to call it.
Here are some of the postcards that I got at the VMFA sale. They were 10 for $1, which is really inexpensive for art cards, for any postcards actually. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do to alter them.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...