Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 2 on the road, #150

#150
 We spent the night in Lancaster, Ohio and I found this cool map on a brochure in the hotel lobby. I made this card on the road this morning, and my nephew sweetly stopped at a post office for me to mail yesterday's and today's cards. Yay!
This is Indiana. We arrived at the hotel/motel a short while ago and yippee there's free Wifi. I'm lovin' it and, of course, had to log in right away so I could post my mail art!

Indiana is really flat, at least, where we are. Pretty, in it's flatness.  Like Illinois, where I used to paint landscapes that were just bands of green, yellow ochre, tan, and blue. Illinoiscapes, I called them. This photo is an example of one of my paintings (well sort of.)

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...