Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tea Time and baking day.

 This is what I had after baking today. I made corn bread from a package called Miracle Maize cornbread and Muffin Mix. I never tried it before, the company's been around since 1903, so I figured I'd give it a try. The corn bread was delicious! I, also, made Mexican brownies (with cinnamon in them) topped with a really delicious frosting of cooked brown sugar & butter (and some other stuff.) This was part of the Chili dinner that I'd donated to the Richmond Peace Education Center auction last November. The purchaser called for it for today. The dinner consisted of vegetarian chili, corn bread and brownies.
Since the purchaser lived nearby, we walked over with the food in a red basket, very Little Red Ridinghood, no?
 I buy my eggs from a woman who lives over in Surry County and raises hens and bees. These are not factory eggs. They come in all sizes and colors. This dozen had a pale greenish-blue egg amongst the browns. Pretty.
This lovely photo of a tea cup is actually a postcard that was submitted to the new mail art call for TeaTime Mail Art. You can see the entries and why we had to renew the call, here.  I'll be adding more cards soon as many new ones have arrived. Please do check it out.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Mim Dearest! I don't know where to start! How can the mail art keep getting better when it is always so good??? I just am amazed at your ideas and the way you put them together. Also amazed anyone can work on your yard this time of year. Love the teacup photo and the different colored eggs! Can picture you delivering all the goodies in a red basket. That just added to the whole shebang! Xoxo

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...