Thursday, February 03, 2011

#65s and some New Orleans

B is for El Badolon
 Today's cards had to do with the letter "B" for our MailArt365 project. I found that I had a deck of miniature lotto cards in espanol.
B is for Barril









I was still feeling the thrill of sewing paper to paper that I had to use stitching rather than adhesive to attache these cards to the map background.
B is for El Borracho







I used one of my old state of Texas maps since I thought espanol would work with Texas. I hope that Houstonians aren't offended by El Borracho! Nothing intended by it since I have never been to Houston.
 In New Orleans we went to many galleries both in the French Quarter and the Warehouse district (Julia St.) A wonderful surprise was to find that Chris Roberts-Antineau has a gallery on Royal St. I've loved her work ever since I saw it at the Smithsonian craft show in Washington, DC many years ago. It's applique and embroidery. Very complex and very beautiful. Check her out.
 This is the wood oven pizza we had at Louisiana Pizza Kitchen our last night in New Orleans. It was sooo good and the Caesar salad had the best dressing on it.


Our server was Kate, from Australia. She was very lively and friendly. We found everyone so friendly and talkative, and happy that we were there. How cool is that!?



If you go to New Orleans, don't miss this little gem of a restaurant. Really, one day, go without cajun food, and get a pizza here.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...