Wednesday, February 02, 2011

#64s & more

"A new place"

"A-nother new place"
Roasted veggies
 Today is the second day of the alphabet challenge, the letter "A." I decided to do whatever I wanted and fit in the letter, but then it appeared that I created a new place so the "A" worked for that. Sewn pieces of paper to a topo map which was then glued onto a piece of cardboard from a cracker/biscuit box.
Sultan's Nest





The colorful maps are from a map of London that my friend Andrea sent to me. This card has a tiny A on the map already so that worked for the alphabet project.









I promised some photos of food from our New Orleans trip. Here's what I ate at The Green Goddess restaurant on Exchange Alley. It's a tiny place, no reservations, the chef comes out to chat with the patrons, the cooking goes on right near you in a teeny, tiny space, and the whole place smells of delicious cooking.





The dessert is pistachio ice cream, topped with a nest of philo dough, some whipped cream and some honey sauce. Yum!! We shared this one.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

oh, those roasted veggies look delicious! and yes, followed by the dessert...
Jer would say: "It's true! New Orleans has some serious food." thanks for these photos. xo, bb

Margie said...

I love anything sewn, period! I wish had a sewing machine. It adds so much interest and texture! Love those Mim...and cute babies, random, but cute! LOL Margie

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...