Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mail Art

 While we were in New Jersey for our thanksgiving holiday, this piece of Mail Art arrived. What a nice treat to find it waiting for me. The octopus immediately made me think of Carlos Botana's "el Pulpo" Mail Art projects, so at first I thought it was related to that. See my entry as part of this book here. When I turned it over, lovely surprise, it was from a former student who is now in Graduate school in Kansas, USA.
I'm sending this one to her as a response. Also, it'll be the last piece of Mail Art that I send out - until the start of our MailArt365 project begins on 1 December 2010.

I'm thinking about who'll get the first to be sent, which has turned out to be a difficult decision for me. I might put names in a "hat" and pull one. What do you think? Should I do it with a random drawing?

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love that octopus card! I really must try my hand at this mail art thing. I am committing to 365 letters in 2011. I plan to write one letter each day of the year. Might seem like a bad idea when March rolls around. I hope my letter made it to you!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...