Monday, June 28, 2010

My birthday week! ¡Feliz cumpleaños! Joyeux anniversaire!

This is the week of my birthday.
 Because of my birthday, I'm having a sale in my Etsy shop, Fritzi. I put the Skull Pockets on sale!

I love my birthday. I don't plan any big celebrations but I always feel so great on my birthday. I do only the things I want to do, which this week includes attending my Spanish Meet-Up group, having lunch at Amuse, the restaurant at VMFA, with some friends, and pizza for dinner with my husband, son and nearly daughter-in-law. I'm so excited about MY day. No joking, I just love it! It's MY day, though I did find out last week, that Jessica, another student in my Spanish class, shares MY DAY! There were only 4 students in the group that day and two of us have the same birthday. We found that really interesting. I'll bake a cake to take to class, but someone else plans to bring cake to the Meet-up. Grateful me, grateful me.

I don't have many photos of myself as a very small child. I treasure this one.   I wonder what is in my hand? What am I playing with?

3 comments:

Katherine Hisako Kodama said...

I knew that you and had something else in common besides art...we are both cancers! My bday is in a week. Happy Birthday and i hope your year will be filled with joy, laughter and sweet memories.

phonelady said...

Happy happy mim oh my birthdays are so much fun are'nt they ? You are so awesome and happy happy birthday again and god bless .

PostMuse said...

Happy birthday, Mim! It's so nice to read happy birthday thoughts. Too often people get bogged down in the number and forget to celebrate the best of ourselves.

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...