Thursday, April 29, 2010

About art and a bug question!





I was bemoaning the fact that I hadn't done any new collages since I'd been home from L.A. so I sat down and cut out some new scraps to use. That always gets me thinking about what to do next. I do have one piece in the works. It's for a mail art call that's not due until the summer. The image here will be replicated and each copy with be worked on to make it unique. I'm excited to do this, now that I have some new scraps to work with.
SO, here's the bug or insect. I discovered it living on one of my African violets. It doesn't jump or crawl when I get near it. It wiggles it's antennae a bit. What is it? Is it dangerous for my plants, like will it suck the life out of them? I have no idea where it came from nor have I ever seen a thing like it before. If it can live on the plants okay, then I'll leave it. Or I can capture it and release it into the wild. Any ideas. You all are so helpful with things like this. For instance, I now know I have a "daphne" bush out in the front garden. I look forward to finding out about my new resident plant sitter.

2 comments:

Anke Martin said...

Hi Mim, I don't know anything about that bug, we have something like it, but I don't know if it does any harm to anything.
Good to see you are creating again....I need to get some paint on fingers again too.
Smiles, Anke ;)

Unknown said...

once I saw some live jewel-encrusted bugs used as fashion accessories. don't think you want to do that. take the little guy outside. hooray for your new collages!
xo,
bb

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...