Monday, February 08, 2010

An award!


How nice to be noticed. I got this lovely award from Lesa.
Now I'm supposed to tell you seven things about me that you might not know, but since I've been blogging awhile, and you might be a regular reader, I'm a pretty open book. Seven things, hmmm. Okay, how about these:
1. When I was little, way before most electronic devices were invented, I wanted a device that I could put under my pillow that would teach me languages while I was asleep. I day-dreamed that one day I'd wake up and be able to speak Italian fluently, or Greek, or French, etc. I was about 10 years old at the time.
2. I sang with the Virginia Commonwealth University Choral Art Society for 7 years. I miss it.
3. I was a pretty decent ice skater when I was a kid.
4. I love hats and have some really nice hand made ones. Check out Ignatius.
5. I have lots of different colors of nail polish & once I had 8 different Golds.
6. I once swallowed a dime.
7. I've known my husband for 50 years. (OMG!! how can that be!?)

I want to pass this award to: Beanie at Found-art, what fun to read.
and to: Anke Martin, who here shares her family life, her art life and her beautiful photos with us.
There are soooo many more blogs that I adore and read regularly, you know who you are, YOU make my days delightful. Thanks, merci beaucoup, danke, gracias.

2 comments:

Anke Martin said...

Thanks Mim, I feel so honored! Concerning the language computer under your pillow,that is such a inventive idea!!!! I can remeber we were talking as kids in 'englisch' or 'chinese', the way we tought it sounded....was pretty funny!
Thanks for sharing 7 things, now it's my turn I guess!
Smiles, Anke ;)

Lesa said...

Another singer! Wow!

I've always thought if I listened to enough Spanish, for example on tv, that someday I'd be able to speak it too. So far, not so much.

I'm big on polishing my toenails but can't seem to keep polish on my fingernails. How do those girls with long fingernails manage to type or use cash registers? I'm always in awe of them!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...