Sunday, June 28, 2009

Chicago, Chicago

This is my very own photo of The Bean, which is really named Cloud Gate, a sculpture by Anish Kapoor. I took lots and lots of photos of this which you can check out on my Flickr set here. This is the new wing of the Art Institute of Chicago, designed by Renzo Piano. C went to school here. We did reminiscing, seeing what was the same and what had changed.




I loved this little sculpture of a monkey mom and child, and the nice view of the big buddha. The Wrigley building is a very famous Chicago landmark (C worked in it) and behind it is the new Trump Tower. Our hotel was very close to this location.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...