Friday, May 30, 2008

Merino wooly goodness!

Here are more images of Dianne Nordt's wonderful Merino wool. I found out that she has only 3 Merino sheep, a woman comes to sheer them in the spring, then the wool gets sent off to a mill to be spun. This current collection is from three year's worth of shearing. Erika is "modeling" some yarn that Dianne dyed with black walnut leaves. I love that she gets two brown shades from the leaves. I've one pair of fingerless gloves from the single-ply yarn and love the way they look and feel. Dianne wants me to make a pair for her and two other people that I saw at the market want pairs. Woo hoo, I've got to get busy knitting!


No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...