Thursday, November 29, 2007

Guerilla knitting






Last night, Chuck pointed out the knitted things that were on posts and trees by Metro St. Paul. This morning, after coffee with friends from Nice, we headed out to photograph the knitting. It was so fun to see them in person, having seen them previously only on the internet. I think Mica or Noah had connect me to guerilla knitting. There was a tag on one, a meet up at a gallery on Saturday. Darn. We'll be in Dublin.






We walked around a bit while waiting for our laundry to finish drying, and passed by the model making studio we'd seen last year. It's sidewalk level, and has a window wall open to view. Today, model makers actually were at work. In the next doorway, the big doors were open to a short hallway leading to the architectural studio of Renzo Piano. If you go to the link, it opens with an image of the workshop we saw. He's the man who designed the Pompidou Centre. We peeked in and saw people working on two different levels. What a nice surprise.

We also walked by another open door, leading back to a gallery showing vintage furniture designed by someone famous, but I didn't write the name down. I can't remember it, so there you have it. Cool looking space.

Here's my big news, I won't be posting again until we return from Dublin on Monday. Yes, tomorrow, we're flying to Dublin early in the morning to visit our friends P. & C. Rain is predicted, but hopefully, I'll take lots of pictures to share.

When we return, I'll be looking for one of the free wireless zones. So far I've scoped out one in the Mairie of the 4th, one at the Bibliothèque de l'Histoire de Ville de Paris, and one at Espace Blanc Manteaux. I think I'm set. BUT if you don't see any posting going on, you'll know, I've been stymied by technology. Let's hope not. A bientôt!

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...