Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Carnavalet Museum






The Carnavalet is the museum of the history of the city of Paris. That's Louis, the Sun King in the entry area. It's a really interesting museum that goes step by step through time using paintings and other objects as guides. After seeing the work in the museum, you go through the city with a good understanding of what happened in what place, really, you do! (If you can remember the info. Usually I just say, "oh, something interesting happened here.") The rooms themselves are beautifully done for different periods. The part about the revolution is grisly. Here is a foto showing the little bits of hair from Marie Antoinette and her children. I took two fotos of the model of the Ile de la Cité. It looks a bit scruffy, n'est ce pas? See me and my friend W in the mirror...don't we look happy? We are!

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...