Thursday, May 31, 2007

Shelf blog?


Before we left for our little vacation, I checked the shelf and this is what I found on it. A little illustration of Peter Rabbit hanging on a nail, a pinkish stone, a little stone in a bottle cap. "Penny" is written on the stone. I added the collage made from a scrap of a German-Russian dictionary. My tile saying "you're welcome" had been leaned against the light pole. Three of my stones with words were still there. I'm hoping that things are coming and going while I'm away. Mica suggested that this shelf is a blog. Or rather a Shelf Log. What can I call it? A flog?

6 comments:

Noah said...

I believe it would be "shlog", which sounds kind of dirty, but then again so does "blog".

Phyllis said...

This is just the coolest thing! Checking out the shelf would be the high point of my day.

Unknown said...

I think you have started a new trend! Please settle on a name before I get moved to our new digs in JC so that I can start one there.

Jessica at Bwlchyrhyd said...

Or just "slog"!

mim said...

These are excellent suggestions. Keep them coming...I'm still thinking on this myself...leaning towards "elflog" at the moment.

Marina said...

haha, Mim, I found your blog, I'm the best online stalker ever!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...