Friday, May 25, 2007

More Shelf happenings


Yesterday morning, Smitty and I found that a small green container (mints?) containing 2 pennies and a scroll, had been added to the shelf. The scroll said "a penny for your thoughts, a penny to buy your wish." The stones I'd placed on the shelf the day before were gone. Last night, after dark, I walked with Smitty, Chuck and some neighbors and, of course, wanted to show them the green container. The container was there and in it was 5 pennies and 2 nickels. I took a penny for my wish. Also, hanging from a nail was a "necklace" made of yarn with two plastic beads on it. Wow! This morning, we found more changes. The green container was gone but the necklace remained. Added was a wire angel and a piece of paper stamped with a fish and some Japanese writing. I added 4 stones. This is so exciting. I can't wait to check it out each morning. I wonder what's going to happen when I go away for a bit of a holiday this week.

2 comments:

leahbella said...

i love it! especially since i got to see it...how great!

Mica said...

I can't wait to see what will be there when you get back!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...