Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Roofing






After years of patching our leaky roof, we had to finally take the big step and do something more major. The house was built in 1909, so that's been a lot of patching going on. Since it cost so much and no one would see it, I decided we could at least share what the materials looked like before they went up top. In the first picture, you can see our good neighbor, Dick, with help from Eric, removing the roofing material from Jane's parking place where it was dropped off. We weren't home when it happened. Kris called me on my cell to tell me about it...oh, no, we knew it had to be moved or their might be a neighborly disagree-able-ness. Thanks Dick, Kris and Eric. Whew! So, isn't our roofing attractive? We assume that it looks great up top, too, but only the roofers know. It was very exciting to hear them pounding away. Normally, pounding overhead, while I was trying to work in my studio would be very annoying, but not this time. Woo hoo, a new roof! No more leaks. (fingers crossed)

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...