Thursday, January 18, 2007

wintery surprise




We had a sudden drop in temperature the other day. When I walked in to teach on Wednesday morning at 0730, it was only 28F (-4C) Brrrrr, did I ever walk fast!! This morning, I looked at our rock garden in front, and what a nice surprise...with snow flakes flurry-ing about, I had some flowers blooming. The "lenten rose" plants had blossoms and another plant, name unknown to me, also had flowers on it. What a wintery treat. Of course, we did have temps in the 70s for several days, so those sweet blooms probably were a mite confused as to what season they were in. I was happy that the freezing temps didn't turn them into withered blooms. By the time I got my camera, the snow had stopped leaving no trace on the ground.

1 comment:

Juli said...

What a great sneak peek to spring surprise!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...