Monday, October 02, 2006

Pere Lachaise






Pere Lachaise cemetery is one of our favorite places in Paris. We have one entire album filled with pictures taken there, including one of me gazing at Chopin's tomb. This visit, we walked through Pere Lachaise as a short cut to a gallery in a nearby neighborhood. Following Ruth and Keith, we walked among the tombs until we came to a little "booth" with steps on either side leading down, and out of the cemetery onto a side street. We returned the same way and took some pictures. There are many old monuments but also some new ones, which seem out of place. We passed by Abelard and Heloise's monument, but managed to avoid all of the other famous "inhabitants."

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...