Friday, September 22, 2006

Dinner at Chez Marianne


After the dance concert, Steve Cohen/Elu, we went to a restaurant that I'd read about in Rick Steves' but I didn't realize what it was until I looked at the menu. Oh no, I thought, this isn't going to be good. It's a middle eastern type of menu, where you choose the items you'd like to combine on your plate. We made our decision (faites la choix) eventually and got two plates with 10 items, enough for the 4 of us. Here's what is on our plates, 1. Houmas 2. caviar d'aubergine au sesam
3. pastrami 4. salade Turque 5. feuilles de vigne farcies au riz 6. zaziki 7. feta 8. tapenade 9. salade d'artichaut 10. kefta
There were 6 things we identified easily and the other 4, well, we were undecided as to what was what. The good thing, everything was delicious. We ate it with two kinds of bread, pita and onion, and a nice bottle of wine from the Tarn region. It turned out to be a good dinner. Yum!

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...