Thursday, October 20, 2016

Mail Art, of course, and eMail Art, and my son

#145

#146

eMail Art
 I had some fun using color sample papers, which I haven't done in ages. It felt good to just do simple color designs.

I think I'm going to do some more of these. Reference my older work.





















And then I found some lovely autumn leaves and I scanned them to use as eMail art. I played with a dark background, a figured ground, and plain whiite which was most effective. Love autumn leaves. What about you? Do you have them in your neighborhood?

On Monday, our son's project for the VCU school of business was unveiled, as it were. He's the artist in residence there, the first such a position ever. The school is quite pleased with this and so is our son. He created one of his anamorphic portraits in the atrium using clothing donated by faculty and students. The portrait is of Maggie Walker. Quite appropriate. You can hear an interview HERE.
Anamorphic portrait

1 comment:

phonelady said...

hi mim and congrats to all of you . I am very good friends with a former college friend who is named Noah also and is on tv and has been directing some stuff . I guess God has blessed them both because they were both named Noah . I have been so busy reading and trying to stay away from sick people LOL . Okay just wanted to say congrats and hi and check in.

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...