Saturday, April 06, 2013

Final update and Slow Art Day 2013

 On Friday, I picked up scraps out of my little box of color scraps and just put together colors that felt like spring time, since it's finally arrived. The companion piece, for some reason is below. I can't move images around which is frustrating at times.
 These are today's Mail Art. I got a nice compliment from my honey - he wanted to frame these but I'd already designated them as Mail Art so off they must go. I'll make another one or two especially for him.
 I got a lot of paper samples from my son recently and these are some of them. I liked the way they looked on the cardboard substrate. I'm thinking of these as coming together, moving across a divide, having a conversation. What do you think?
 This cute little turtle is the logo for Slow Art Day, and this year I'm once again hosting an event at The Virginia Museum of Fine Art. It's going to be Saturday, 27 April at 11 a.m.
 Please register and join me in looking at art sloowly.

Or check and see if there's an event near where you live. They're all over the world - Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Madison, Wisconsin USA; Canberra, Australia; London, Ontario, Canada; and way more.

Look HERE for more information in general, and HERE for information about MY event.  I had a really good time choosing the works to be viewed last year. This year's works haven't been selected yet.



I had to show you a close up of some of the plants in my front garden. It's the time of the bursting out of the Star of Bethlehem plants. They add such a woodland touch to the plantings. I love them.
Here's the 2nd piece that I did on Friday. All alone at the bottom for some reason.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...