Wednesday, January 23, 2013

More Mail Art, what else is new?

#22

#172
 I never know what will come to hand. I open up a tin, and there's a face, or a piece of paper with texture on it.

on reverse: "Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
#171






 I never know what conversations will happen between the background and the foreground.
On reverse: "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." Robert Frost







And I never know when I'll feel the need for a circle to complete the composition or suddenly a dog will feel right. It's so random and so much fun.
On the reverse: "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King, Jr.







My childhood neighborhood was a mix of single family homes and apartment buildings, and factories. This huge factory was the Rock-Ola Factory. As we'd drive by it, or ride passed on the bus, my mother, or father, would say "There's the Rock-Ola Factory" and I thought they were saying "the Rah Cola Factory." I thought they made Cola drinks there. Instead, they made juke boxes. Wanted to share this little memory with you.

#21
 On the reverse of this card: "I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too heave a burden to  bear." Martin Luther King, Jr.
I used King quotes to commemorate the celebration of Dr. King's life.
And here is what my studio table looks like today. I can't decide what to do for today's Mail Art. I dropped some circles onto some white blanks. Not sure how these will end up. Stay tuned.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...