Thursday, January 31, 2013

Jane's Post Office, and mail art update

#178
 So far this week, I'm making Mail Art using old paper - receipts from France dated 1902 and an old Paris map book dated from early in the last century I'm sure. Very fragile paper which I'm hoping will make it through the postal systems.
#179
 All of the quotes on the reverse of these are about travel.





SAVE A POST OFFICE- how about writing a note, or sending a postcard to help save a tiny post office. It's a simple thing to do and costs very little in time or money.  Read on -
#28
Jane owns the post office in her small town in Vermont, USA. It's at risk of being closed. You can help by sending mail there as the volume of mail handled counts for keeping a post office open.

You can send mail to: Jane Davies, PO Box 45, Rupert, VT, USA o5768
To see more about this, click HERE.
She'll send mail back to you.
#180
 I added the rubber stamp to each of these cards. They are facsimiles of old stamps, which I really like very much. I wish I had more of them.
 I've added this image because it's also a facsimile/replica of an old time-y apothecary set. Actually, it's kind of old time-y as we got some of it a long time ago, from a dear cousin, and some we purchased. So cool. We took it off the shelf to dust it, while our bathroom was being repainted. It's quite nice, and fits with the vintage of the Mail Art, don't you think?


2 comments:

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Oooolala I really want a French postcard 9even though i just got a great card from you). S'il vous plaît envoyez-moi une......merci....
and where did you find those rubber stamps?

365 Letters said...

What lovely mail art you make! And, thanks for the information about Jane's post office! I'll be sure to send her some mail.

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...