Monday, September 03, 2012

Mail Art, rainy day and dots

#30
 I don't know what it is about this one, but I really like it a lot (and I made it!) and other people seem to have responded positively to it also. It's got scraps from an old Russian book and 2 different old French books. Old paper is so appealing. A couple of dots unify.
#31






I found a perfect head for Tiny Town. I'm reluctant to make these too often and use up my supply of cards.
Here's the story: Alice's glance at Mme Gilbert was perceived as disdainful. Whether or not it is, is questionable."
Got any other ideas for stories for this one?
 It rained yesterday. Here's a view through the car windshield as I waited in the parking lot for C to return from the art supply store. We arrived home just as the skies opened up and a huge rain with thunder came down on us. Yay for the garden plants! It looks like it might do the same today.
 You know how much I like dots - a lot - so when we came upon this window display at the Louis Vuitton store on Michigan Boulevard in Chicago last month, I was thrilled.
The displays were a tribute Yayoi Kusama. There is a big display in the New York City store also but with an even bigger dotty part. Here's a fun video by Bill Cunningham. Click HERE. You'll be glad you did. It'll brighten up your day.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

t152Mim, we passed the Louis Vuitton shop in Boston's Copley Square and took a photo of it too! This summer was the summer of the squid on Cranberry Island and it seemed particulalry relevant, but like you I love the dots too!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...