Sunday, July 01, 2012

Mail Art & more

 I purchased a wonderful book of sunflower photos at the thrift store for $2, and yesterday, while my honey was teaching his collage workshop, I cut envelopes out of the photos.
Today, I used some of the left over bits to add to my dotty mail art.
 I can't stop punching holes in paper!! When will it end! I have some other ideas for mail art but, I think I'm punch-drunk, or have punch mania. ja ja ja
 I now have a second bird feeder. A round pale yellow one and the birds didn't have any trouble finding it. I snapped this photo with my phone through the kitchen window. The round one has birds in it and the orange rectangular one has a squirrel in it!  Here's where I got the bird feeders - Modern Artifacts.  Food for all on this very hot day. At this moment 99F/37C.


Here are the two Flat Rate Boxes that I've got packed up, almost packed up, to send to some soldiers. I'll send these in honor of the 4th of July, American celebration of Independence, hoping that our troops will come home soon. You can send books and treats to the troops in various ways, in the U.S. by joining Books for Soldiers.  


No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...