Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mail Art and more

 I am finally feeling like I'm home! It only took two weeks + to get here, however. whew!

Today marks a full week of my new daily practice. Literally, I'm practicing the piano after a hiatus of many months. I'm starting with 15 minutes a day.

And I've started to make some Mail Art again. This #869, an altered art exhibit card showing one of our friend Keith Long's sculptures from an exhibit at OK Harris in NYC. I added only 3 bits to it and it changed the whole effect for me.
 My little neighbors came to see me and welcome us home. They brought art work. This is by Sage, a drawing of her dog, and isn't it excellent!? She is still petitioning us to get a new dog.
Sanita Clogs



 I got myself some new Sanita clogs, since I wore a pair while in Paris and they were very comfortable and good for long distance walking, which was a surprise. These are light blue with some shiny white spots that look like snow.
 I'd admired the Egyptian falcon statue and then got a little statue of my own. This hand crafted pajaro was given to me by my Spanish prof. I'd admired the one she had ages ago, and she found another for me! ¿Que bueno, no?

Virginia Museum of Fine Art
I went to the VMFA a couple of times to start looking at works of art to choose for my Slow Art Day. It takes place on 28 April. If you're in the neighborhood and want to join me, sign up here.

I'm excited about doing this. When I volunteered for it, I had no idea how it'd work out and so far, I have 12 people signed up.  Hope to see a few of you there.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Glad you are back in the groove dear Mim! Welcome home wandering troubadour! xx

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...