Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Baking day (and mail art, of course)

 Today, I'm making a sweet potato pound cake. Here's the image of the one I made back in 2008 and here's the link to the recipe, should you want to try it.  It's a perfect cake for fall, though right now we are experiencing a very spring like, about to drizzle day.
 Today's mail art play - use commercial postcards from my stash and alter them with only one or two images.  This is series #358 (only 7 days left in the year long project!)  Someone in Finland send me this card in an envelope, so there's no message on the reverse except a translation of the description. It's a vintage card reproduction.
 This is a postcard that I picked up for free in Dublin, Ireland one year.  I titled this one "We took a wrong turn?"
 The background is a Tiffany stained glass window in a chapel in Petersburg, VA. The little Victorian scrap turned this into something like a music box for me. I don't know why, but it did.
This is another of the Tiffany stained glass windows. I added the butterfly and the old man, who appears to be demonstrating something.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...