Monday, September 05, 2011

About a Pen, and mail art received

 I was going through a LIFE magazine from 28 May 1965, looking for something for a Tiny Town card when I saw this advertisement for a pen. OMG!! Just read the copy. "Girl-sized hands" Hmmm, was this aimed at female children? "Lady-like hands" Hmmm, was this aimed at royalty? My goodness, how could I ever hold a "man-sized jotter?"  aaagh! Comments welcome on this one for sure.
My young neighbor put this through my mail slot so I'm counting it as mail art. She's quite the artist!

2 comments:

lee said...

we have come along way have we not, love your neighbour mailart

phonelady said...

What a lovely thing to find in your mail slot. I want to scream at that ad for little lady hands LOL !!! Oh my can I lift that heavy box LOL !!!!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...