Friday, June 17, 2011

Dumplings 4 dinner

 Sign at a cafe in Brooklyn.
 Under the elevated train tracks in Brooklyn.
 We had some ices before going to see the screening of Mermaids of New York, on Thursday night.
Szechuan restaurant 9th & 24th St. NYC
We arrived in New York City on Thursday in the late afternoon and went to our Bed & Breakfast located in Chelsea. Great location, very nice place to stay.  After dropping off our luggage, we walked two streets up to our friends place and visited until our daughter got off work and met up with us. Dinner was at a Sezhuan restaurant nearby. The food was delicious. I didn't actually partake of these lovely looking dumplings as they were meat filled. I shared a vegetarian moo shu with my daughter, delicious, but not so photogenic.  The lovely dumplings disappeared when I added these photos and I no longer have the image, as it was on my phone. Trust me, if you haven't seen it, it was lovely to look at. Imagine Chinese dumplings in a bamboo steamer. yum. 
The screening was in a small venue, which because quite toasty. I had a certain glow about me (perspiration!) The film was really terrific. After the screening, I had my photo taken with Brooklyn Baby Doll, my favorite Mermaid. Look how short I am compared to her. But then, she's a mermaid and I'm not.

2 comments:

phonelady said...

those look good .

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Love dim sum.....(and thanks for the cool card)
How about some food mail art?

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...