Friday, February 18, 2011

#80 the letter Q and a cute face.

The young Queen
 I discovered that I had only one "Q" in my stash of letters and wasn't going to look for anymore, so one it is. A couple of days ago, I found this young Queen in one of my scraps drawers, along with her husband, but he'll have to wait for another day for his own mail art card. I, also, have lots of young Queen stamps, which worked just right for this card.


I'm a member of the Flickr group, Faces in Places, and this sweet face was looking at me from a neighbors recycle bin last Wednesday.  It has a sweet, naive, in that totally circular eye, look. Start looking around and you'll find faces everywhere.

4 comments:

Jess said...

I'm so glad you mentioned the Faces in Places flickr group, it hadn't occurred to me that there was a group for them! I recently saw this little face in a public restroom - it reminded me of Slimey the Worm from Sesame Street: http://www.flickr.com/photos/theloushe/5456209932/in/pool-377682@N20/

mim said...

That little face you posted to Flickr is sooo adorable. Glad I reminded you!

Sue said...

I love the face. kind of looks like Hello Kitty. I'm going to investigate faces in places.

mim said...

Yes, it's that round eye thing that gives us CUTE!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...