Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Support the Troops & more Mail Art (of course)yum!Y

Yum!
Some of you may know that I'm a volunteer with an on-line group called Books for Soldiers. It's time for me to do more boxes as I have lots of books, donated to me by friends and neighbors. Plus, my neighbors, laid a big surprise on me over the holidays - a check to help with my personal project. I went shopping today, after having to do something sad (related to the Cremation Society, no more to be said on  that) and buying things for troops made me happy. Here are some of the things that I'll be putting in the boxes, along with books.

More Yum
 Beef Jerkey is a biggie, I'm told, though I never hear from the recipients themselves. I try to find candy that won't melt (duh) and stuff like hand sanitizer and razors. Gotta be needed, right?
Happy birthday, Nephew!

Happy birthday Mercedes!
I decided that today's cards (#35 and #35a) will be birthday cards. I was happy to find these 1970s American cars (huge!) I think I might have a few more 1960's and 70s in my stash, so you'll see more of these car cards.  Having fun, making more Mail Art.

2 comments:

Vintage Love & Photographs said...

Im glad to see you supporting the military and yes they did infact love beef jerky :)

Margie said...

WON-DER-FUL! Your cause AND your mail art! XO, Margie

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...