Thursday, January 20, 2011

#51 and some flowers

American Gallery 1



These are a couple of fotos that I took when the VMFA had an exhibit of flowers based on paintings. It was a wonderful exhibit.







The painting in American Gallery 2 can also be seen in my Mail Art #45a. I'd found a reproduction of it in a brochure. It's a very beautiful painting.
American Gallery 2

"Hello in there, there are butterflies out here!"






















This #51 was made up with pieces from a 1963 National Geographic, with butterflies added from a calendar. It turned out really sweet. At first, I wasn't sure it worked but then it did. What do you think?

2 comments:

PostMuse said...

I've been waiting for you to blog this one! I love #51! It is very sweet.

Unknown said...

I have seen this image before...hmmm
Check out Liz Sheehan's version. Crazy how similar (some adjusting would match it)

http://blog.richmond.edu/pia/2010/10/18/and-speaking-of-the-true-story-of-pocahontas/

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...