Sunday, August 02, 2009

Tiny Collages and how they keep me centered.....

Here are some of the collages that I made in Paris in March, and recently sent off to the Art-o-Mat. Each one is the size of a pack of cigarettes, roughly. I was really pleased with these because they are way more colorful than what I'd been doing previously. I added some colored pencil marks to some of them because of an artist (Wilhelm Schlote) whom we met in Paris, whose work made me happy. Making these little collages, making Mail Art to send out into the world, has kept me from being off-center, from being stopped in my tracks, has kept me going while having to deal with something really sad, that I never, ever imagined I'd have to do. I had to help my friend, whom I've known since I was 14, move into a nursing home. The past week was most difficult, and yesterday was moving in day. I stopped by to check on her today and it wasn't going so well for her. Hopefully, things will be a bit better as she gets adjusted. Meanwhile, I have all of her portfolios of art work here at my house. They're wonderful. Maybe I'll post some images of them. Yes, soon as I get the chance, I'll do that. I'd love to show them to you. Meanwhile, back to making tiny art! ART RULES!

1 comment:

Katherine Hisako Kodama said...

i love the collage you sent me - your work inspires me to try collage!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...