Thursday, August 06, 2009

The pole and some views

Though you can barely see it, there on the pole where the shelf used to be, was the word "summer" with a flower in wire and beads, held in place by two push pins. I was deeelighted to see it. Previously, I found the word "Dream" on the pole and a day later, discovered it was on the sidewalk. So I took it home.
When I'm in New York City, I take photos of water tanks. For some reason, those ubiquitous structures fascinate me. What a surprise, while riding passenger in the car the other day, I noticed this water tank on the old FFV plant (Finer Food of Virginia used to make cookies in this plant, making the neighborhood smell like a big grandma's kitchen.) I never noticed the tank before. Notice all the visual clutter!

The other night, we had dinner at the home of friends, where we had a yummy summer salad of heirloom tomatoes, homemade mozzarella, and basil. Perfect hot summer food.

I really like this photo that I snapped as I left my friend's apartment for the last time. The chair was waiting to be moved to another apartment. It was quiet and still as I closed the door.

1 comment:

Beanie Mouse said...

Gosh!! The Shelf may have gone but you have Elf pins now!! So you still get to hang stuff on the pole!!
Good pictures...! Oh, and a package of glass went in the post to you today!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...