Saturday, February 28, 2009

the shelf, my photos and more

A series of my NJ Turnpike photos will be on display at WACK very soon, like this week. If you're in the neighborhood, stop by and take a look at them.

Last night, while we were walking the dog, we noticed that someone had placed a shell and a small frog decoration on the shelf. I decided to try my cell 'phone flash and it worked (somewhat.) I hope you can see the little frog.

We're about to travel again. In preparation for travel, I was de-cluttering my studio. It's what I get the urge to do when we're about to leave home for awhile. I came across my collection of TSA notices of my checked bag being inspected. It seems that my bag is ALWAYS inspected. Why, I don't know. I travel very light, I don't carry scary stuff, I just don't get it. C has the same suitcase and his never gets checked. Once they took some souvenir matches out of the bag, but other than that, nothing was ever missing. I was saving the notices for some reason. Maybe to make a collage? Hmmm.

1 comment:

Anke Martin said...

HI Mim, have a safe trip! And enjoy your weekend! Hope you won't get checked again, smiles, Anke ;)

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...