Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Collages in Paris

Chuck asked me to make some of my small collages as holiday cards for admin staff here and some of the artists we've met. They are all Artist Trading Card size (2.5" x 3.5" - 8.24cm x 9 cm) since I'd brought a stack of substrates that I'd cut up before we left home. The group of 6 are cards we did jointly, and the cards with letters are one's I did solo. They're made using blue papers that we'd collected here, since blue is the color of the holiday this year (related to the European Union.) It was fun to do the collages with a "theme." Happy Holidays, Joyeuxes Fêtes!

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...