Sunday, October 19, 2008

My new collages

I was inspired by a collage by Robert Motherwell that I came across in a book. I put it up in my studio and kept looking at it and loving it. I just had to create some pieces with COLOR! After all, I do teach a color class, though rarely use much color in my work. In fact, I haven't used this much color since I gave up painting on canvas a looong time ago. I am so happy with the results of these pieces. They're small, roughly 4" X 4" (10cm x 10cm) and have been mounted and framed as a single piece. Chuck's idea and he did the framing for me. They'll be in the 1708 Gallery small works show to which I was invited. I'll be interested in the public reaction to them. Oh wait, I won't be there for the show. I'll be at the Cite again. So what do you think? Colorful, eh?

2 comments:

Mica said...

These are great! I love the strong colors. Inspired by the veggies?

Anke Martin said...

HI Mim, you were an active blogger last week, smiles. The color combinations are so vibrant! Which I love of course! My favorite one is the yellow. It's glowing and jumps right into your eyes. Something to look at on a grey winterday. That would make me feel happy...smiles, Anke ;)

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...