Saturday, October 04, 2008

Artist Trading Card workshop

Here are a few of the ATCs that I've made over the years. This selection is from 2004 to 2007. I'm posting them to promote my Artist Trading Card workshop which will be held on 7 February 2009 at the VMFA studio school. It'll be held from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. The last hour will be a trading session and I'd love to have anyone in this area, who makes cards, come by and join my class for the trading session.. Mark your calendars. Okay, so I'm assuming that I'll have at least 10 people interested in signing up for the class. Hint, hint, hint. If you aren't familiar with this form of art making and sharing, check out the site of the founder. Some of you, my long time readers, will remember that I met him, M. Vanci Stirnemann, in 2006. You can see the picture of me with him in my archives (Sept. 2006.) I was grinning like crazy! Over the years, I've exchanged with people in person and via mail. I've taught a workshop to students at University and high school level, and tried to spread the word about how much fun this is, plus it's a real boost to any blocked creativity. You don't have to be an artist do make the cards, just a desire to participate and learn. Once the Studio School get it's catalog out, I'll post a link.


3 comments:

Beanie Mouse said...

Oh I wish I could come!! Andrea showed me how to make these and they're brilliant!!

Anke Martin said...

Hi Mim, oh that sounds like fun! I would love to join, but unfortunately I live toooo far away!!! And I'm not that rich to charter plane for one day, smiles ;)
I hope a lot of poeple will sign up for it you have a great time. It has been a while since I made ATC's but hopefully my classes start up good and poeple are interested, than I might offer a class for ATC's to Adults. Right now I plan on doing it with kids first.
I also will show all my traded ATC's on my Opening Day for an example of Mixed Media Art. Some of yours will be in there too,smiles, Anke ;)

Jenn Milt Art said...

Hey Mim!
I think I could come..I'll have to check it out! Thanks to you and Susan introducing me three years ago I have over 500 cards in my collection! :)

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...