Monday, September 10, 2007

Our last full day on holiday...


We grabbed our cups of coffee from the 24/7 coffee pots on the terrace level early this morning, and ascended to the pool terrace, where we saw this beautiful sky. We spent some time reading before going out to breakfast. We found the bakery that we'd gotten pastries from on our first day, and had breakfast, as well as more pastries. After that, we took a taxi to Plaza de las Americas (yes, amigos, I went to a mall willingly) to try to find Salsa music CDs. Chuck got three CDs at Borders and I got Book 1 of Harry Potter in Spanish, which was something I'd planned on. What a good way to increase my vocabulary. See the coquis hanging from the ceiling in the mall? It was a good place to be for a few hours, to escape the humidity. Our cab driver, Cristian, was very nice and arranged to pick us up at a specified time. It worked out great. We got back to the hotel, went back up to the pool area to enjoy the breeze, until time for the nightly wine and cheese reception.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...